Thursday 15 March 2012

10th March - Mt Barker

We’re having a lay day today, I went off to the farmers markets and Penny Lane markets – both great all local produce and local arts and crafts.   Farmers markets on every Saturday – I got us a treat for desert – Eccles Cake and Damson and Greengage Tart – both traditional English fare.  Today the first day for Penny Lane markets to be held quarterly at the college hall.  Lots of baby and kids stuff, sweets, crafts etc.    My favorite stall was the Woollybuttbears, yep I am a sucker for a bear – all handmade and original, a bit exy, I had a cool off period, but I got their card, they do mail order… 
Our Lady of Mercy Church, Mt Barker
A couple of Woollybutt Bears!
Walking around the markets, they started playing some Indian like music pretty loudly, I thought it was a bit of a strange theme, until I saw the girls doing their thang – Babylonia – Tribal Bellydance.   Now I did give the bellydancing a go a few years back, I reckon I could give this a good go, but I don’t think I could quite get the shrill noise they make at the end, it was a bit animalistic……

Shake your tassels girls!!

I'm not sure if they try to look scary or sexy, but they're........... colorful
My Darl, he had a toiling day, fixing the tyres on his bike yet again, I don’t think he can blame Ash any longer (as those tyres have been replaced) so I suggested that he try to take it a bit easy on the bike, instead of jumping gutters and rocks etc., like the big kid that he is.  He gave the Suzi a bit of TLC also, taking her for a spin in the country through the hills tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment